Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life is Happy When You're Crappie

Minnesota Nor'twoods means lots of walkin' in familiar covers. This was Lacey's turn to do some prep for Region 19. My time to walk off inches! I know that bell stopped, where's that fricken' dog?



There's Lacey. Got grouse?
... and the flush and miss. You'll never find a soul that heard me say I'm good at this. I call it conservation.


But not everyone at Crappie Camp misses!



After sunset it's smoked salmon, oysters, Leinies (Old Mudd for some poor souls with apparently no taste buds and an iron gut) and cooking dinner with a fire and North Country NPR Radio. The Grinch waits to call in for Trivia Hour.... Good times!

Did you just crack an Old Mudd!!? No wonder your so damn Grinchy!

Then all that ground pounding, bear baits, snowshoes, Leinies, missed grouse, lost spectacles, pays off in a Region 19 Crappie Camp Sweep! Oh what a feeling!

No comments: